Monday, February 10, 2014

February Musings

It's been awhile since I blogged. I've been a different kind of busy, coaxing smiles and cuddling with my newborn that isn't so new.

A few things I've been thinking about lately:


  • Erica will turn 12 on May 1st. Last night we went to a beautiful meeting at our church where they describe the youth program Erica will enter into on her birthday. She will have amazing leaders and I am so excited for this chapter in her life. I loved attending Young Women's and I hope she will, too. As part of the event, I got to introduce Erica - a few of the words I used to describe her were creative, determined, kind/thoughtful, upbeat, and bright.
  • School projects. They are never convenient and always require just as much time from the parent. They also seem to occur at times of other big school events like the science fair. While I am the first to admit that there is definite parent/child bonding that can occur doing said projects, I wish they were optional (or that you could choose the week that is most convenient). That being said, thank goodness that Rob isn't intimidated by creative building. Give me Powerpoint/writing projects any day. Rob doesn't bat an eye at building a castle or creating a diorama. Another reason we complement each other so well. :)
  • Nathan and germs. The last two weeks are the first time we've taken Nathan anywhere besides his doctor visits. We took him to the first hour of church, our Sacrament meeting. Enough people are coughing around here that we opted to take him home after that first hour. I am still nervous about germs. There are even two people that work on Rob's floor that have swine ful! When I am ready to take him out to run errands, etc., I worry about my back carrying his carseat. Maybe we'll just stay home forever. I do like the pajama option. Although, after being home for most of the last 6 months, I do miss the "real" world.
  • Soccer season starts in 6 weeks. All three kids with a baby in tow during really cold, variable weather. Gulp. 
  • De-junking. We rented a dumpster so we could get rid of a lot of junk that was left here by the previous owners. When we bought the house, it was in excellent condition, but there was a lot of stuff left behind. I've also been in the mood to declutter. I just wish my mom lived close enough to come and keep me company!
  • The olympics. Last night's ice dancing performance was probably the most beautiful Olympic performance I have EVER seen. I had chills from head to toe and was almost teary! I'm going to pretend I haven't seen the headlines about possible fixed judging. The score didn't even matter - the performance was just so beautiful!
  • Mattresses. We returned our mattress thanks to the warranty and crazy dipping (gotta love memory foam). We paid a lot for a "better" mattress. Unfortunately, it smells so bad that we haven't even been able to try it out yet! We've been airing it out for a week now. Hopefully it's a good one.
  • Blogging. Just realizing I never blogged about piano recitals, Christmas, New Year's, tearing down the house next-door, or Nathan's baby blessing. Looks like I have some work to do!
  • Eating sugar. Why can't I just stop?!


1 comment:

  1. I'm having terrible trouble with sugar too. I blame Aunt Flow, but seriously, I think I'm just losing willpower. Maybe it's the not sleeping part.

    Wasn't New Beginnings fun? I can't wait for Adia to have company in YW...

    ReplyDelete